South Pines Elementary School—
Central Valley School District
Spokane Valley, WA
This elementary school remodel and addition involved remodeling 32,900 square feet of space within the existing school and the construction of 13,600 square feet of new space including a multi-purpose room for community use. Central Valley School District's goals for the project included:
- Creating safe student drop-off areas for buses and parents.
- Providing direct access to playgrounds from the lunchroom.
- Developing a design that is child-friendly in terms of scale, color, graphics.
- Incorporating natural light and warm colors.
- Providing all classrooms with new furniture, carpet, paint and closets for students? belongings.
Students and staff relocated to the former University High School facility for one year while the $5.4 million project was constructed.