The 88,800 square foot Cougar Football Complex provides a new home and identity for Cougar Football at Washington State University. The state-of-the-art facility pays tribute to legendary athletes from the past, supports athletes striving for greatness today and will attract star athletes of the future.
The desire to preserve campus circulation patterns and sight lines from adjacent seating in Martin Stadium led to a 5-story layout. The building is arranged as follows:
- Level 1: Locker rooms, equipment storage, laundry, interview rooms and study spaces.
- Level 2: 11,000 square foot weight room, nutrition bar and coaches’ offices.
- Level 3: Cougar Football Hall of Fame, trophy room, memorabilia center and elevated walkway connecting to Compton Union Building.
- Level 4: Dining hall, meeting rooms and 160-seat auditorium.
- Level 5: Conference rooms, offices for coaches and staff.
Read More About It:
"It may have been GCCM, but it felt more like a partnership. Working with ALSC's team was a true collaboration from start to finish. From the leadership and extensive involvement of two principals to the creative problem-solving skills of the empowered associates, our teams meshed and challenged each other to arrive at the optimum solution for the benefit of the project and Owner despite the severe project time constraints. It was a pleasure to work with ALSC and we look forward to the next opportunity to bring our firms together."
Chip Tull, Senior Project Manager, Hoffman Construction Company← Back to the Portfolio page